Thursday, August 28, 2014

Busy Beaver!!!

Greetings to all,

I have been busy as a beaver -- Okay maybe not quite that busy!!  But I have many things to show you today.  The first few pictures of vintage purses with beautiful wool applique designs were created by my great friend, Connie, at Starry Pines.  She was gracious enough to share many purses from her vintage collection, created designs for them and made them available for purchase in a store closing sale.  I love this rounded box type purse.  I think it will work great for my sewing supplies when I am on the go.

This bag intrigued me for several reasons.  The shape and clasp reminds me of purses the ladies at church carried.  I remember as a little girl wishing for a purse and knew when I grew up I would have a purse just like it.  Fast forward fifty years and I finally have that purse.  The wool applique design is an added bonus.  This is another of Connie's vintage bags and designs.




I also loved this bag because of the design on the back.  I thought it was beautiful with a tactile sense of a cording coiled into a butterfly type design!!!  I don't ever remember seeing anything like this growing up.
Anyway after over a year of having theses bags in various stages of completion I have finished them.  I was so happy to cross these items off my "TO DO" list.  Now I can enjoy them and use them for purposes I purchased them for.






The last "show and tell" for the week are more hand embroidered projects.  I completed the embroidery on these towels using DMC Floss and the patterns are from Pretty P and Mama B designs.

The towels will be displayed in the new Windsor wool shop opening soon.

I have more samples in progress and can't wait to share them next week.  Stay happy till then.


1 comment: