Thursday, August 7, 2014

MORE SAMPLES






Happy Thursday Followers,

I have a couple more samples finished and ready to deliver to the up and coming wool shop in Windsor.  The first is a kitchen towel decorated for Halloween.  (It is hard to think of the holiday coming up so soon.) I embroidered this with floss.  As shown below there is a bit of added color.  After marking my pattern on the fabric I used crayons to color the open area on the lettering, flowers and hat.





I have played with this technique a bit before but never finished the project. So I'm happy with how the embroidery compliments the coloring.  I love the WIDE rick rack used to finish the design.

I have finished another sample using embroidery as well.  The pillow was a fun project using different colors of floss.  First I tea dyed the fabric -- even though it doesn't show in the picture.  After the embroidery was complete I added some borders around the stitching to frame the pillow top.  It was a pretty simple project but did take some time with all the floss color changes.





I love embroidery and sometimes memories from my six year old life return as I sit and stitch.  My very first projects were a pillowcase and sheet set for a wooden cradle that was handed down from my mom.  I believe she told me her father made it for her.  Mom used recycled sheets for the bedding in my dolls in the cradle.  She "stamped" the image on the sheets.  Back in the day she would get designs from a black and white publication called the "Workbasket."  A person could get several "stampings" from the designs if you ironed them on the fabric carefully.

I'm excited to see what projects await me!!!  I'm sure there will be more great designs.  I'll sure I'll have more next week!!!  Here is a quote from a blog I found and would like to share.  "My soul is fed with needle and thread."  Have a wonderful week until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment