Thursday, August 21, 2014

Chick-a-dees!!!

Good Morning all!!

We are heading into another warm day here on the eastern slope!! Hopefully we will see some rain showers later in the day!!! 

Our 'backyard' is full of the little munchkins back at school.  I love watching the teacher with students lining up for different activities.  It seems like yesterday my own son was starting school.  Wow!!!  Time passes quickly as my son will celebrate his 28th birthday next week!!!  I think I'm a bit more nostalgic since he also moved into his own apartment this past week.  He had been staying with us after moving to the front range, finding a job and getting established in a new area.  So now it is back to the husband and me watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune in the evenings!!!  What a life!!!

My embroidery sewing machine is working away, stitching out a couple more samples for the new wool store!!  This rooster 'crows proudly' from a Bird Brain design!!!  I stitched it in a muted brick red to match the attached ruffle on this kitchen towel shown above.  The towel below was stitched in 
multi-colors giving the design more interest. This is also a Bird Brain design from the same pattern.  I am very pleased how well the designs stitched out!!  Even thought I love the time saving of embroidery by machine I prefer hand stitching!!!  I know the stitching isn't as perfect by hand, but I feel I put a piece of myself into my work when completed by hand.  I will be visiting Cheryl today and can't wait to see what samples she has for me to work on next.

In the meantime, I'm finishing some of my UFO projects!!!  (UFO = un-finished objects)  I will be sharing them in the next couple of weeks.  It is such a good feeling to see my basket not overflowing with those projects.  I'm anxious to work on some new things I purchased at the quilt show this past weekend.  

Have a great week and don't forget to check back next week to see what I have been up to!!!

1 comment: