Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Birthday Girl


HI Friends,                                                              

I hope you are all finding a cool place to hang out!! The heat is here!!  It makes life easier to sew!!!

I made little Kenna a dress for her birthday party!!  Her Mom themed her party with ladybugs.  She showed me a picture of a shirt with the saying and ladybugs decorating it.  So I used that for my inspiration and made this.  I took a onsie, embroidered the words and ladybug, cut off the bottom part of the onsie and attached the ladybug ruffles I made from ladybug print fabric.  I thought it turned out pretty cute.
When I gave the dress to Kenna, she immediately tried putting it on.  Here is a picture of party day with my husband.  She had a great day with family and friends even though it was pretty hot!!

I also made Kenna a blanket of flannel on one side and 'minky' fabric on the other side.  Her Mom sent me a video of her playing peek-a-boo with the blanket!!!  She is such a cutie!!!

I have been taking some classes learning to utilize the features on my sewing machine.  It has been great fun so stay in touch as I share more creations!!!

Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment