Wednesday, July 2, 2014

First Wool Bag

Hi friends,

I'm so excited to share this bag with you.  It was the first of this type I have ever completed.  My dear friend, Connie, from Starry Pines not only helped me with the bag pattern, but encouraged me.  She shared her knitting pattern for the base of the bag which is knit in wool yarn and felted.  I then added a wide band of wool on the top to which I added my wool appliqued leaves.  I lined the inside and added some big pockets to make this a 'useful' bag.  As I was making this bag, I thought of my sister-in-law, Amy, and how she would like these colors.  Since I was going to visit her and my brother in Omaha, I gave the bag to her.  I think she enjoys it.   

Soon you will see the first pieces I knit and felted.  I learned a lot from my trial piece and will share it with you next week.

For now, I wish you a Happy Fourth of July!!!  I thank all veterans and current military personal for protecting our freedom.  May we never take their dedication and service for granted.                                               

2 comments: