Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer Time Bag


Good Morning Friends,
I had a wonderful, fast weekend in Grand Junction spending time with good friends, Deb, Becky and Emily.  My son asked me to ride along with him.  He dropped me off at Becky's house late Friday night.  It was so good to see her after the medical issues she had in June.  Saturday morning Deb picked us up for a trip to Montrose to the Black Canyon Quilt Show!!!  What marvelouse quilts on display.  Certainly my inspiration!!!!  We did some retail therapy at the show with our favoirte vendor Laura and Rhonda.  Becky and I were surprised with birthday gift certificates from our friend Emily!!!  That made shopping even more FUN!!!
Thank you Emily!!!
Saturday evening we meet Emily back at Becky's home.  We then went to dinner and back to Becky's for birthday celebrations and stitching time.  The pitures today are of a bag I made Becky.  She loves the beach so it was easy to choose a design for the bag.  The hard part was to find a pattern for the applique.  With the help of my brother, Nathan, I came up with the design.  Becky loved the bag.  Once again I knit the bottom part and felted it.  I love doing wool applique and finished this project in record time.  I found some wonderful beach theme fabric for the bag lining.
I hope you enjoy your week!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment