Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pretty Pink Quilt


This is a picture of the baby quilt I made for a special little girl born yesterday.  The pattern is called "Yellow Brick Road."  I took a class in Fort Collins at The Sewing Circle.  I really enjoyed the class.  It has been a while since I pieced a top and I think every teacher has new ideas or techniques to make quilt making so fun and easy. 



On this quilt you may notice the machine quilting. I was able to use the long arm quilting machine at The Sewing Circle as well as receive a hands on lesson on how to use the machine.   It was great, but gave me a real respect for anyone who works with a long arm.  It was definitely work to get it in the frame, set it up, quilt it and take it out of the frame.  I learned a lot thru this process and am so glad I had the opportunity to do it. 

I can't wait to meet this new little girl and see her new little room.

No comments:

Post a Comment